Working Holiday

Dinamarca: Working Holiday

Denmark has made a working holiday agreement
with Chile.

The working holiday program makes it possible for young people
from these countries to get a residence permit in order to stay in Denmark for an
extended period of time. The agreements go both ways and also make it possible
for young people from Denmark
to stay in Chile according to the regulations which apply.

The program was established in order to give young people from these countries
a chance to experience each other’s culture and way of life. As such, the
purpose of the program is to further mutual understanding between the countries.

If you qualify for the working holiday program, you can be granted a residence
permit for a maximum of 12 months. The primary purpose of your
stay must be holiday, but you may work during your stay in order to earn
supplementary funds to support yourself.

You are allowed to work for a maximum of six months during a
12-month stay.

You are also allowed to study or take a training course for a limited period of

Click on the links below to read more about the special conditions for a
working holiday stay which apply to citizens from each of the countries:


Chilean citizens

In order to
be granted a working holiday residence permit, you must meet the following

  • You must be a Chilean citizen primarily
    residing in Chile
    at the time of application.
  • The main purpose of your stay must be
  • You must be between the ages of 18 and 30
    at the time of application (both years included).
  • You may not be accompanied by family
  • You may not have already held a Danish
    residence permit under the working holiday programme.
  • You must have a valid passport.
  • You must have a return ticket or
    sufficient funds to buy one.
  • You must have sufficient funds to pay for
    food and lodging during the initial part of your stay in Denmark,
    equal to DKK 15,000.
  • You must have health insurance which
    includes coverage for hospital stays, to the extent that this is not
    covered by the Danish National Health Insurance.

You are allowed to study or
take a training course for a maximum of three months without
having to apply for a special permission.

You are allowed to work for a maximum of six months during a
12-month stay. You may not take permanent employment. Working for longer than
three months with any one employer is not allowed.

Read more about how
to apply





  1. Fabiola Sanchez says:

    Hola, todavía es posible aplicar para esta Visa?

  2. Working Holiday says:

    Si, claro. No hay límite de cupo anual. Go for it.

  3. hola! alguien que haya postulado desde canada para la wh?


Leave a Reply

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *


Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. Aprende cómo se procesan los datos de tus comentarios.